The socket can spark in certain situations: it is better to know how to avoid this scenario.

Without sockets, we would not be able to perform a number of activities in the house and many tools that we use every day would not work. For example, let’s think about the refrigerator and the washing machine, but also the dishwasher and the TV, up to the plate, the blender, the microwave, the possibility to charge the phone and the PC and so on. Just plug it into the socket and you’re done. However, sometimes unpleasant inconvenience can occur, which can also lead to something more serious. For example, when the plug is inserted into the socket, small sparks may occur , which can also cause a bit of anxiety. But why does this happen?

The sparks from the socket: all the explanations

To power our devices, the modern installation of electrical wiring in our homes makes everything much easier: sockets nearby, but also adjustable cables and power strips that support multiple outlets at the same time. A really satisfying technological development, at least until those sparks fly. This scenario often occurs when you plug the charger into an outlet. The contact area of the charger with the outlet is extremely sensitive and requires at least a minimum of electricity knowledge to avoid drawbacks like sudden sparks: The plugs can actually have dirt and defects. The advice given is to use sandpaper.

All you need to do is rub the pins with a small piece of sandpaper to remove the dirty part. To remove the sanding residue, it is better to resort to a toothbrush instead. After thorough cleaning, there should be no more sparks when you plug the charger into the socket. However, sparks can still occur even after careful cleaning. The phenomenon in question occurs when the contact area is insufficient during the passage of electric current. You can use a voltmeter to determine if the conductors are damaged or worn, or if the electrical system in your home is not installed properly.

 Pay attention to slippers: where are the dangers?

Since no one has enough outlets in the house to plug in all appliances at once, power strips prove to be very useful, practical and functional. However, slippers can also overheat and cause a fire. For example, multiple sockets should never be connected together to extend the power cable as much as possible.

In fact, this overlapping of outlets overloads the initial power strip, increasing the risk of fire. Also, do not further overload with devices that convert electricity into heat, such as dryers and straighteners. The position of the power strip must be chosen with great care, avoiding closed or hidden places, because the movement of electricity generates electrons, which in turn generate heat. Better keep them away from carpets and corners, where there are many decorations.